ONLINE SHOPPING SAFETY TIPS:
Retailers are now offering online holiday savings. Follow these simple guidelines when making online purchases to reduce your risk:
- Know who you are dealing with. Confirm the online seller's physical address and phone number in case you have questions or problems.
- Know exactly what you are buying. Read the seller's description of the product closely, especially the fine print. Check out the terms of the deal, like refund policies, privacy policies and delivery dates.
- Know what it will cost. Factor shipping and handling, along with your needs and budget, into the total cost of the order.
- Pay by credit card only and do not use your debit card to maximum your protection. Make sure the payment site is secure. Keep your passwords safe and don't share them with other people.
- Print and/or save records electronically of your online transactions.